Author Topic: Mirage Shipset - Work In Progress.  (Read 5039 times)

seronis

• Distracted
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile Link
Re: Mirage Shipset - Work In Progress.
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2013, 11:43:57 AM »
Looks outstanding and that demo pic does it justice too.

Now if only your next project was a set of mostly polyhedral ships for the remnants to use (ala Borg).  =-)
Any code/mods I post on this site should be considered Public Domain. Borrow it, steal it, shred it into little pieces to your hearts content. I dont require credit but I appreciate bug fixes and suggestions.

cause792

• Sentient
    • View Profile
    • Mirage Shipset
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2013, 12:38:20 PM »
I already did gave that some thought. Check out the GA dev forums, you may find a few concepts and test models for at least the superweapons :D. Of course they are now a couple months old, so anything that I would do now would look much better...

Edit: The only problem is really the memory at the moment. I had to really compress my shipset down to minimum, because if I used my standard hi-res textures (1024x1024) the game would crash on start-up. Galactic armory is now at the stage that almost anything extra can push it over the stability edge. If I add another shipset, even a very small one, you would have to disable one of the existing shipsets to be able to run it. I already have problems if I load up ALL the shipsets. Usually I need to run only a smallish galaxy (80 - 100 stars).
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 12:46:45 PM by cause792 »
Check out my Mirage shipset for Star ruler and Galactic Armory.
link under my name.

Azalrion

• Delusional
  • Memory Murderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2013, 03:18:32 PM »
There are ways around that at least I assume there would be. Reaper, Lucas or Firgof would probably need to confirm it but I would assume any shipset that isn't used by an empire in the game wouldn't be loaded. If thats they case we could limit AIs to use terrakin or neumon and then additional shipsets can just be selected by the player and only that additional one will be used.
GA - Mod Team
GA Forums

Firgof

• BMS Administrator
  • Delusional
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2013, 04:38:48 PM »
They are loaded, we believe, regardless of Empire usage of those shipsets.  Reaper wanted to do something to make it the way you'd assume it'd work (not loading the shipsets that aren't going to be used) but it apparently was being decided in a bad place and so we never got around to implementing that.
"Now it will punish you"

excalibur1234

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2013, 08:41:51 AM »
thanks for making this!

it looks awesome.

mockingking

• Sentient
  • I am disappointed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2013, 04:24:19 PM »
Gotta say - even though I disagree with some designs for aesthetic and technical reasons - that looks like really solid work. Almost a little homeworld-y, if that's a statement of quality to you.

Keep it up!
This game could have been much more.

cause792

• Sentient
    • View Profile
    • Mirage Shipset
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2013, 02:52:27 PM »
Thanks :D. Reality had to be suspended for aesthetic design, otherwise all of them would just look like an armoured sphere.

PS: you know the shipset has been finished for a long time, you can get it here:
http://starruler.blind-mind.com/mods/view/10
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 02:56:38 PM by cause792 »
Check out my Mirage shipset for Star ruler and Galactic Armory.
link under my name.