Author Topic: Is it intentional that I can build Remnant Jumpbridges?  (Read 615 times)

Flare

• View Profile
Is it intentional that I can build Remnant Jumpbridges?
« on: February 01, 2013, 05:25:46 PM »
In one of my games during my first attempt at capturing a gate array, I wondered if it was easier to simply analyze the gate and just build it in one of my fortified worlds. Lo and behold, I was able to have them in my blueprints, and though I have not built gate arrays, I have built jump bridges. What was even more surprising was that the cost was a measly 1 metal for a 3.5k construct. And yes, they are fully functional once they are built. Despite my suspicions that it may not actually be intentional, I have found them to be immensely powerful. Even if you forgo the jump ability, having one, or several stations with 1.6g if hit points is incredibly advantageous.

In future patches would we still be able to do this? And if so, would the price be made higher to better reflect the hp and jumping ability it grants?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 05:29:50 PM by Flare »

Azalrion

• Delusional
  • Memory Murderer
    • View Profile
Re: Is it intentional that I can build Remnant Jumpbridges?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 08:11:42 PM »
No that's not meant to be possible the unobtainable flag should stop that from happening (I assume its a vanilla construct), hence the non existent resource costs.

Edit:

Unless its in the compiled function for acquireForeignHull it seems that unobtainable flag does not stop analyzers from working. I'll add that in to GA sometime in the near future. So no you won't be able to get them anymore.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 08:20:37 PM by Azalrion »
GA - Mod Team
GA Forums

Flare

• View Profile
Re: Is it intentional that I can build Remnant Jumpbridges?
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 10:18:22 PM »
Guess I'll have to rely on those 3 jump drives for a dynamic early defence then :'(.