Author Topic: Import Trade Loophole?  (Read 1756 times)

geckogod5

• View Profile
Import Trade Loophole?
« on: March 07, 2013, 07:36:45 AM »
When building a dry dock from another dry dock, the import trade does not limit construction.

After completion of a massive dry dock, the Empire Import Trade will drop to zero, but I can still build as many more dry docks (or construction ships) as I want. I cannot build a dry dock from planets or ring worlds when my Import Trade is too low, so why does this same limitation not affect dry docks?

Is this loophole intended and is everyone else experiencing this?

Azalrion

• Delusional
  • Memory Murderer
    • View Profile
Re: Import Trade Loophole?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 09:00:35 AM »
Not intended, I just forgot to add the limitation to dry dock construction.
GA - Mod Team
GA Forums

geckogod5

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 10:31:36 PM »
Haha, ok. I've been exploiting the hell out of this. I allow the AI to take just about all of my planets and just run around with massive scale 1M+ Mother Ships that spawn impromptu StarBases everywhere which in turn spit out instafleets. Good fun.

As far as competitive multiplayer though (if multiplayer was playable, you guys need to fix the import dock-related crashes), it renders the ammo resupply dock completely pointless, and makes planets more or less pointless an hour in.

Azalrion

• Delusional
  • Memory Murderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 04:40:37 AM »
if multiplayer was playable, you guys need to fix the import dock-related crashes

Wish I could, there is a kind of fix for the crash but it basically allows you to do what you're doing, removing the limitations. A proper fix, well lets say what's causing the crash doesnt make sense it's calling two built in SR functions that seem to have problems in multiplayer the way we are using them.
GA - Mod Team
GA Forums

geckogod5

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 08:24:20 PM »
Could you direct me to this fix? I'd love to have a stable multiplayer game even without the import trade limitation. It's not nearly as much fun playing Star Ruler without import docks.

Also, do you (or anyone else) know if the Galactic Armory team is working on a fix for this is their next release? As of now there is no Galactic Armory multiplayer community, because of the instability of the game. I would LOVE to be able to send my designs up against strangers.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 08:30:28 PM by geckogod5 »

geckogod5

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 08:55:27 PM »
Actually, with regards to competitive play during a no trade import limitation game, you still desperately need planets to carry out research. So while it's not ideal, it would still definitely work. 

Azalrion

• Delusional
  • Memory Murderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 04:17:24 AM »
http://forums.blind-mind.com/index.php?topic=5620.0

As for a fix, well I'll be looking at it, but the major problem is that there isn't a way I could fix whatever is going wrong with those two functions as they are part of star ruler not GA. It might be thats just a temporary fix though and hiding the root of the issue.
GA - Mod Team
GA Forums

geckogod5

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 01:47:25 PM »
Is there a way I could edit the script to disable the import trade script without disabling the heat dissipation?

I undid the edit in GAEffects where there was a "game" in place of a "gate" (meaning I put game back in and saved the file). Multiplayer was perfectly stable, but I forgot that it disabled the heat dissipation function as well.

Additionally, we first tried playing with the script in its fixed form (gate), and simply chose not to build anything with import docks. Game crashed around the time we developed the import dock technology. -->Is this because the enemy AI are using import docks and crashing the game? (I would test this myself but I have no one to test multiplayer with today).

Thanks for your rapid replies, I really appreciate it.

Azalrion

• Delusional
  • Memory Murderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 03:19:24 PM »
You can remove them from orbital_industry.txt in game data/sub systems. From lines 385 to 429. Easiest way to disable them. Pretty sure the AI doesn't have any designs with them in, but could be mistaken or just remove the code between the start of the function and the last }.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 03:36:19 PM by Azalrion »
GA - Mod Team
GA Forums

geckogod5

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2013, 10:37:59 AM »
So I tried removing Import Docks from the orbital industries file and that resulted in the same heat problem as before. The heat does not dissipate, rendering all beam weapons unusable. I also tried commenting out the lines listed below as recommended by that link you pasted earlier in our conversation:

GA 1.9.3
File "Star Ruler\Mods\GalacticArmory\Game Data\scripts\server\GABasicEffects.as"
Line 245 "emp.consumeStat("importer", Rate);"
Line 252 "emp.addStat("importer", Rate);"

This fix had the same heat problem.

Any idea how to remove import docks without breaking the heat system?

tcelvis

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 02:21:45 PM »
http://forums.blind-mind.com/index.php?topic=5620.0

As for a fix, well I'll be looking at it, but the major problem is that there isn't a way I could fix whatever is going wrong with those two functions as they are part of star ruler not GA. It might be thats just a temporary fix though and hiding the root of the issue.

I have two question about this Import Trade limitation.

1. Where "importer" stat is initialized?  I could only see it was consumed by SpacePort & ImportDock upon construction and vice versa  on destruction.  But it is puzzling that I could not see where the value being consumed comes from.
2. What is the ideal behind limiting the total rate of Import Trade?  I should not be able to build a single ship with ImportDock when I got too much planetary ports even none of them is merely importing?

tcelvis

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 02:23:48 PM »
So I tried removing Import Docks from the orbital industries file and that resulted in the same heat problem as before. The heat does not dissipate, rendering all beam weapons unusable. I also tried commenting out the lines listed below as recommended by that link you pasted earlier in our conversation:

GA 1.9.3
File "Star Ruler\Mods\GalacticArmory\Game Data\scripts\server\GABasicEffects.as"
Line 245 "emp.consumeStat("importer", Rate);"
Line 252 "emp.addStat("importer", Rate);"

This fix had the same heat problem.

Any idea how to remove import docks without breaking the heat system?

It shouldn't happen that way.  You might want to check if you forgot to redo the "game" "gate" thing.