Author Topic: Major Issue With This Game That I Am Concerned With  (Read 1536 times)

ImperatorBellus

• View Profile
Major Issue With This Game That I Am Concerned With
« on: March 10, 2014, 06:00:37 AM »
I havn't played this game or know much about it yet. I think it must be the most sandbox 4x game ever made, are you able to create your own races and make a campaign using them after that? Design their ships to?

My major concern is the ship designs in this game look very generic and boring. They all look like flying blocks and all have a similar design. Are there any mods that have nicer ships? The only way for nicer looking ships to be in this game would be star trek/star wars/babylon 5 mods etc.

I really wanted to make a mod out of this  game or make my own sandbox campaign based on alien conspiracy theories.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sumer_anunnaki/reptiles/reptiles16.htm

Like Galactic Federation vs Draconian Reptilian Empire etc.

Space Voyager

• Sentient
    • View Profile
Re: Major Issue With This Game That I Am Concerned With
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 12:09:40 AM »
Ah, you're not concered about ship design, but with how ships look like. That is true, as far as I know, you can only create sets of ships, which will not result in individual ships in the game. Unless you only make one ship from each size class.

Rawne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 08:20:59 AM »
I havn't played this game or know much about it yet. I think it must be the most sandbox 4x game ever made, are you able to create your own races and make a campaign using them after that?

You can customise a race by choosing from a set of modifiers, choosing species, flag, writing a bio etc. No campaign design though.

Design their ships to?

Ships can be designed. You research technologies to unlock new subsystems (engines, hulls, weapons etc) and then use an editor to choose what subsystems to install, how big they are, how many etc. However the only way the appearance of ships change is if you change the hull or the size of the ship.

My major concern is the ship designs in this game look very generic and boring. They all look like flying blocks and all have a similar design. Are there any mods that have nicer ships? The only way for nicer looking ships to be in this game would be star trek/star wars/babylon 5 mods etc.

The vanilla game only comes with two ship-sets but yes there are mods for more. Galactic Armoury is a popular mod that adds several.

I really wanted to make a mod out of this  game or make my own sandbox campaign based on alien conspiracy theories.

Not sure how feasible this is but you could check out the modding forum to see.

Personally I have a great time playing this game and whilst it might have a lot of shortfalls it has excellent mechanics that far bigger budget games fail to deliver. Also it's just £10 (or your regional equivalent) on steam, for that price I'd say it's worth it.

Even if it doesn't tickle your fancy there's a second game in the works that looks to build upon the success of the first:

starruler2.com

Septimus Oraka

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 05:58:11 PM »
Talking about issues, I have a question: why there are blue squares surrounding all the stars in my galaxy??? ???

TritAith

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel:
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 05:50:48 AM »
That's a problem I, too, faced in the beginning, you have to turn on the GPU-kompitability, or what it is called in English, in the Graphics menu, the problem should be solved by that...
Sorry, English is not my native language, but I'm trying :)

Septimus Oraka

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 05:26:46 PM »
GPU??? what is this?

Septimus Oraka

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 11:43:26 AM »
That's a problem I, too, faced in the beginning, you have to turn on the GPU-kompitability, or what it is called in English, in the Graphics menu, the problem should be solved by that...

I done like you said and it worked. Thank you! :)

Septimus Oraka

• Sentient
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 08:05:58 PM »
Hi, I'm having another problem: when I'm playing SR: Galactic Armory or the vanilla game, the colors used to denote systems belonging to different empires are not appearing. Instead, all systems are showing marked in blue. What is happening???